Monday, May 25, 2009

Pakistan VS. India - The Greatest Cricket Rivalry

Rivalries are what sports exciting, there is nothing better than seeing two team who hate each other battling out their differences. When it comes to cricket, there is no bigger rivalry than Pakistan verses India. It has been said that the rivalry is one of the most exciting not just in cricket but in the sporting world.  There is so much fuel firing each team especially since there have been three wars between the two countries but none since 1999.  The Partition  of India in 1947, has been the biggest factor fueling the rivalry. Head to head this is how the two teams have matched up against each other.
Tests[5]ODIs[6]Twenty20[7]
Matches played611172
Won by Pakistan12680
Won by India10451
Drawn/No result4041
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/India_versus_Pakistan_cricket_rivalry

The statistics display that Pakistan has had the better fortune in their match ups.  I personally love watching any type of rivalry whether it is hockey or golf, to me cricket is no different.  Just watching the amount of passion and excitement that players play with is amazing.  As an athlete myself I love nothing more than going out against a team that we have history with and battling with everything we have.  It's what make sports so exciting to watch.  I can only imagine what it is like to see a match between the two respected teams.  I would love to one day see a match up between Pakistan and India and just experience the excitement and passion that not only the players display but the fans as well.  




2 comments:

  1. I agree I really love watching rivalries. Also I love it when the underdog wins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After actually playing cricket in class, I would like to watch a game between Pakistan and India. Should be crazy with the rivalry and the great fans they have. Reminds me of the Yankees-Red Sox games here in the U.S. Great post!

    ReplyDelete